The incumbent Solidarity Slate leading the New York City District Council of Carpenters swept the Dec. 17 elections — and all the officers were sworn in during a brief ceremony.
Executive Secretary Treasurer Joseph Geiger, President Stephen McInnis, and Vice President Michael Cavanaugh will all serve four-year terms.
Winners of the election are listed below. All ran as members of the Solidarity Slate.
– Executive Secretary Treasurer: Joseph Geiger, Local 1556
– President: Stephen McInnis, Local 157
– Warden: Phillip Fiorentino, Local 45
– Conductor: Joseph DiNapoli, Local 926
– Trustees: James Noonan, Local 157, John Sheehy, Local 157, and James Ellis, Local 2790
The District Council covers some 20,000 carpenters, millwrights, dockbuilders, marine divers, core drillers, timbermen, concrete carpenters, cabinetmakers, floorcoverers and industrial workers in New York