The New York County District Attorney’s Office (DANY) has an opening for a temporary full-time (30 days – 1 year) Carpenter in its Facilities Management Unit. In this position, the Carpenter is responsible, under supervision, for the installation and repair work involving rough, finish and general carpentry at DANY. Please note: all applicants for this position should be aware that if selected, they must take and pass the civil service exam in order to remain employed in the Carpenter title.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Installs, repairs, and replaces flooring, partitions, window frames and sashes, door frames and doors, ceilings, and other related components of buildings and structures.
• Installs, repairs and replaces boardwalks, fences and screens.
• Builds and repairs, movable and fixed sashes, doors and wooden office furniture,
• Is familiar with, uses, and operates both hand and powered woodworking equipment. Can work at heights on ladders, platforms and scaffolds.
• Works from plans and sketches.
• Keeps job and other records.
• May supervise assigned personnel.
• Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a Carpenter acquired within the last 10 years; or
• Three years of experience as described above, plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school training.
• Pursuant to the Mayor’s Executive Order 75, as of August 2, 2021, all newly hired employees must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with DANY, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved at the time of your on-boarding process.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The New York County District Attorney’s Office serves and protects the People of New York through the fair administration of justice, without fear or favor. The Office’s support staff perform a variety of key functions, including supporting the Trial, Investigation, and Appeals Divisions, as well as other prosecution support and office functions. Our support staff receive a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, as well as unparalleled opportunities for professional development.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. Given the diverse nature of our community, the ability to work with people of different backgrounds is critical. The Office seeks to have a staff that reflects the diversity of the community that we serve. To that end, all applicants will be considered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, age, prior record of arrest; or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
Click here to APPLY NOW
• Job Identification 2293
• Job Category Carpenter
• Posting Date 10/14/2021, 03:31 PM
• Degree Level High School Graduate
• Job Schedule Full time
• Job Salary $364.14 / day
• Locations 80 Centre Street, New York, 10013, US