The New York City District Council of Carpenters Training Center is seeking a full-time Millwright Instructor with a minimum of 10 years work experience within the Millwright Industry. Must have knowledge of means and materials used within the New York City & Vicinity Millwright and Machinery Erectors Trade.
- Have a solid understanding of industrial construction. Organize and present programs of practical and technical instruction on Millwright principals, means and methods; including demonstrations of skills required in the trade, lectures on theory, techniques, and terminology.
- Plan and supervise training of apprentices; individually or in groups.
- Instruct apprentices in subject areas including, tool & equipment maintenance, machinery installation, construction codes, and regulations & safety precautions related to the Millwright Trade.
- Maintain inventory and equipment records within assigned classroom and work space.
- Assure that all students abide by the guidelines, policies, rules and regulations set by the NYC Carpenters Training Center.
- Test and evaluate achievement of students in technical knowledge and trade skills.
- Maintain attendance records and task sheets.
- Add new projects in coordination with Administration, including any products or technologies new to the industry. Recommend or suggest changes for the improvement of the training program.
- Train in all subject matters needed by the Carpenters Training Center to instruct apprentices and journey level members, including Health and Safety courses.
- Knowledge of training theory and its practical application.
- Skilled in prioritizing & assigning work, preparing reports, and adapting instruction to meet individual needs.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Capability to work overtime as needed.
- Must be willing to attend UBC training classes in Las Vegas.
- Prior instructor experience preferred.
NYCCBF offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. The Funds are an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, disability or genetic information. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.