DEPARTMENT: Carpenters Training Center
The New York City District Council of Carpenters Training Center is seeking a full-time instructor with a minimum of 10-15 years’ work experience with knowledge of means and materials used by commercial carpenters in New York City.
- Organize and present program of practical and technical instruction on carpentry principles, means and methods, including demonstrations of skills required in trade, and lectures on theory, techniques, and terminology. Plan and supervise work of apprentices, individually or in small groups. Observe apprentices and answer apprentice questions.
- Instruct apprentices in subject areas such as tool and equipment maintenance, building codes and regulations and safety precautions related to carpentry.
- Instruct journey level members, implementing course material, and maintaining cohesive multi-level group dynamics.
- Maintain inventory and equipment records within assigned classroom and work space.
- Assure that all students abide by the guidelines, policies and rules and regulations as set by the Carpenters Training Center.
- Test and evaluate achievement of students in technical knowledge and trade skills.
- Maintain attendance records, and task sheets. Add new projects in coordination with administration including any new products or technologies new to the market.
- Recommend or suggest changes for the improvement of the training program.
- Knowledge of training theory and its practical application.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of commercial construction in NYC.
- Skilled in prioritizing and assigning work; preparing reports; adapting instruction to meet individual needs.
- Willing to and possesses the ability to be cross trained in all areas in commercial carpentry and health and safety courses.
- Strong ability for speaking in public.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Prior trade instruction is a plus.
- Must be willing to attend training classes at the UBC ITC in Las Vegas.
- Must be willing to travel/fly to training destinations as needed to maintain certifications.
- Successfully complete practical evaluation.
NYCCBF offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. The Funds are an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, disability or genetic information. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.