DEPT OF PARKS & RECREATION Job Posting Notice
Civil Service Title
Title Classification Competitive
Job CategoryBuilding Operations & Maintenance
Career LevelExperienced (non-manager)
Work LocationRandalls Island 5-Boro Shops
Division/Work UnitCW GARAGE FIVE BORO
# of Positions1
Title Code No92005 Level00
Proposed Salary Range$ 97,890.66 – $ 97,890.66 (Annual)
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
• Under supervision, perform installation and repair work involving rough, finish and general carpentry.
• Install, repair and replace flooring, partitions, window frames and sashes, door frames and doors and other related components of buildings and structures.
• Install, repair and replace boardwalks, fences and screens.
• Construct and repair toolboxes, movable and fixed sashes, doors and wooden office furniture, playground, park and school equipment.
• Build and rebuild truck cabs.
• Utilize and operate both hand and powered woodworking equipment.
• Build and repair various types of fire ladders.
• Work from plans and sketches. Maintain accurate records.
• May supervise assigned personnel.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a Carpenter acquired within the last 10 years; or
2. Three years of experience as described in “1″ above, plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school training.
Preferred applicants have taken and passed the Carpenter exam (Exam No. 2078).
1. Excellent communication skills.
2. Proficiency with computer software and the ability to use hand held devices.
3. Valid New York State driver license.
NOTE: All resumes must be received no later than the last day of the posting period. *Posting period extended to 07/29/2022.
Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. References will be required upon request.
MOVEMENT IN THE FACE OF CIVIL SERVICE LISTS IS PROHIBITED UNDER CIVIL SERVICE LAW.
1) From a Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) from the Parks Intranet under Applications or use this link: https://hrb.nycaps.nycnet/. Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID# 507228. Do not access ESS using nyc.gov/ess from a Parks Computer.
Parks & City Employees:
2) From a Non-Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) by going to nyc.gov/ess or use this link: https://a127-ess.nyc.gov/. Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID# 507228.
Include your ERN and Job ID# 507228 on your cover letter and resume.
All other applicants:
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID# 507228.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required within 90 days of hire for all other candidates.