CITYWIDE JOB VACANCY NOTICE: Job ID No. 431017
Office Title: Carpenter Civil Service Title: Carpenter Title Code No: 92005 Level: NA Salary: $95,041
Number of Positions: 1 Work Location: TBD
• Under supervision, perform installation and repair work involving rough, finish and general carpentry.
• Install, repair and replace flooring, partitions, window frames and sashes, door frames and doors and other related components of buildings and structures.
• Install, repair and replace boardwalks, fences and screens.
• Construct and repair toolboxes, movable and fixed sashes, doors and wooden office furniture, playground, park and school equipment.
• Build and rebuild truck cabs.
• Utilize and operate both hand and powered woodworking equipment.
• Build and repair various types of fire ladders.
• Work from plans and sketches.
• Maintain accurate records.
• May supervise assigned personnel.
1. Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a Carpenter acquired within the last 10 years; or
2. Three years of experience as describe in “1” above, plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school training.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required within 90 days of hire for all other candidates.
1. Excellent communication skills.
2. Proficiency with computer software and the ability to use hand held devices.
3. Valid New York State driver license.
How to Apply
1) From a Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) from the Parks Intranet under Applications or use this link: https://hrb.nycaps.nycnet/. Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID# 431017. Do not access ESS using nyc.gov/ess from a Parks Computer.
Parks & City Employees:
2) From a Non-Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) by going to nyc.gov/ess or use this link: https://a127-ess.nyc.gov/. Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID# 431017.
Include your ERN and Job ID# 431017 on your cover letter and resume.
All other applicants:
Click here to apply nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID# 431017.