• Install, repair and replace flooring, partitions, window frames and sashes, door frames and doors and other related components of buildings and structures.
• Install, repair and replace boardwalks, fences and screens.
• Construct and repair toolboxes, movable and fixed sashes, doors and wooden office furniture, playground, park and school equipment.
• Build and rebuild truck cabs.
• Utilize and operate both hand and powered woodworking equipment.
• Build and repair various types of fire ladders.
• Work from plans and sketches. Maintain accurate records.
• May supervise assigned personnel.
Minimum Qual Requirements
2. Three years of experience as described in “1″ above, plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school training.
2. Proficiency with computer software and the ability to use hand held devices.
3. Valid New York State driver license.
NOTE: All resumes must be received no later than the last day of the posting period. References will be required upon request.
MOVEMENT IN THE FACE OF CIVIL SERVICE LISTS IS PROHIBITED UNDER CIVIL SERVICE LAW.
1) From a Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) from the Parks Intranet under Applications or use this link: https://hrb.nycaps.nycnet/. Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID# 507228. Do not access ESS using nyc.gov/ess from a Parks Computer.
Parks & City Employees:
2) From a Non-Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) by going to nyc.gov/ess or use this link: https://a127-ess.nyc.gov/. Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID# 507228.
Include your ERN and Job ID# 507228 on your cover letter and resume.
All other applicants:
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID# 507228.