City of New York
NYC HOUSING AUTHORITY
Job Posting Notice
Civil Service Title: CARPENTER
Title Code No: 92005
Salary: $50.88/$50.88-$50.88 Frequency: HOURLY
Title Classification: Competitive
Business Title: CARPENTER
Work Location: Brooklyn Floating Staff (CITYWIDE)
Division/Work Unit: Brooklyn Property Management
Number of Positions: 8
Job ID: 398081
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
Under supervision, candidate will perform installations and repair work involving rough finish and general carpentry. Specific duties shall include, but not be limited to the following:
1. Install, repair and replace flooring, partitions, window frames and sashes, door frames and doors and other related components of buildings and structures within various occupied apartments, and American Disability Act (504) apartments.
2. Restore vacant apartments back to rent roll by repairing and replacing various carpentry needs.
3. Repair and replace various shelving, cabinets, interviewer doors and ceilings. Build new wall cabinets, counter tops and bases from sketches and plans for Police Service Areas and Viper Rooms.
1. This is a six months temporary assignment.
2. Assignments will be made throughout the five boroughs.
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the minimum qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a Carpenter acquired within the last 10 years; or
2. Three years of experience as described in 1″ above, plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school training.
NYCHA has no residency requirements.
To apply for this assignment, please submit your cover letter/resume electronically using the following method:
Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search. Search for JOB ID# 398081.
Only applicants scheduled for interview will be contacted.
Submission of application is not a guarantee that you will receive an interview.
Note: All resumes must be received no later than the last day of the posting period.
Posting Date: 07/02/2019
Post Until: Filled
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer