About NYC Health + Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Under direction, does rough, finished and general carpentry work; performs related work.
- Installs, repairs, and replaces flooring, partitions, window frames and sashes, door frames and doors, and other related components of buildings and structures
- Installs, repairs and replaces boardwalks, fences and screens
- Builds and repairs tool boxes, movable and fixed sash, doors and equipment
- Builds and rebuilds truck cabs
- Is familiar with, uses, and operates both hand and powered woodworking equipment
- Builds and repairs various types of fire ladders
- Works from plans and sketches
- Keeps job and other records
- May supervise assigned personnel
- Five (5) years of recent, satisfactory, full-time, paid experience as a carpenter; or
- 2. A satisfactory equivalent.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking here and then clicking on the “Apply Now” button. If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.