The mission of the New York City Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in New York City by working in partnership with the community to enforce the law, preserve peace, protect the people, reduce fear, and maintain order. The NYPD strives to foster a safe and fair city by incorporating Neighborhood Policing into all facets of Department operations, and solve the problems that create crime and disorder through an interdependent relationship between the people and its police, and by pioneering strategic innovation.
The Facilities Maintenance Section seeks an experienced Carpenter to handle the following duties:
– Installs, repairs, and replaces flooring, partitions, window frames and sashes, door frames and doors, drop ceiling and metal framing of walls, and other related components of building and
– Installs, repairs, and replaces boardwalks, fences and screens
– Builds and repairs tool boxes, movable and fixed sashes, doors and wooden office furniture
– Is familiar with, uses, and operates both hand and power woodworking equipment
– Works from plans and sketches
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a Carpenter acquired within the last 10 years; or
2. Three years of experience as described in “1″ above, plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school training.
In compliance with Federal Law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Please Click here and then click “Apply Now”
6:30 am to 3:00 pm
1 Police Plaza