Civil Service Title: CARPENTER
Job ID: 439955
Title Code No: 92005
Work Location: Queens-SI Management
Division/Work Unit: Queens/SI Property Management
Salary: $52.02 Frequency: HOURLY
Under supervision, candidate will perform installations and repair work involving rough finish and general carpentry. Specific duties shall include, but not be limited to the following:
1. Install, repair and replace flooring, partitions, window frames and sashes, door frames and doors and other related components of buildings and structures within various occupied apartments, and American Disability Act (504) apartments.
2. Restore vacant apartments back to rent roll by repairing and replacing various carpentry needs.
3. Repair and replace various shelving, cabinets, interviewer doors and ceilings. Build new wall cabinets, counter tops and bases from sketches and plans for Police Service Areas and Viper Rooms.
NOTE: IF THIS APPOINTMENT IS MADE ON A PROVISIONAL BASIS PURSUANT TO §65 OF THE NYS CIVIL SERVICE LAW, NO TENURE OR PERMANENCE ACCRUES TO AN INCUMBENT IN THIS POSITION BY VIRTUE OF SUCH APPOINTMENT.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, please visit the link below:
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a Carpenter acquired within the last 10 years; or
2. Three years of experience as described in “1″ above, plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school training.
1. NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
2. NYCHA residents are encouraged to apply.
Click the “Apply Now” button on the web page by visiting here.
NYCHA has no residency requirements.