Civil Service Title: CARPENTER
Title Code No: 92005
Salary: $95,040.54 Frequency: ANNUAL
Division/Work Unit: Maint, Repair & Skilled Trades
Job ID: 431522
Work Location: MRST-Central Shops
Under supervision, selected candidate will perform installation and repair work involving rough, finish and general carpentry; and will perform related work. Specific duties shall include but not be limited to the following:
1. Install, repair, and replace flooring, partitions, window frames and sashes, door frames and doors, and other related components of buildings and structures.
2. Install, repair and replace boardwalks, fences and screens.
3. Build and repair tool boxes, movable and fixed sashes, doors and wooden office furniture.
4. Build and rebuild truck cabs.
5. Is familiar with and uses, and operates both hand and powered woodworking equipment.
6. Build and repair various types of fire ladders.
7. Work from plans and sketches.
8. Keep job and other records.
9. May supervise assigned personnel.
NOTE: IF THIS APPOINTMENT IS MADE ON A PROVISIONAL BASIS PURSUANT TO §65 OF THE NYS CIVIL SERVICE LAW, NO TENURE OR PERMANENCE ACCRUES TO AN INCUMBENT IN THIS POSITION BY VIRTUE OF SUCH APPOINTMENT.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, visit the link below:
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a Carpenter acquired within the last 10 years; or
2. Three years of experience as described in “1″ above, plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school training.
1. These positions are open as promotional opportunities only. They are not open on a direct transfer (lateral) basis.
2. NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
Click the “Apply Now” button.
NYCHA has no residency requirements.