The New York City and Vicinity District Council of Carpenters is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Queens Business Center. This position:
• Performs administrative duties for executive management. Responsibilities may include screening calls, making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and financial data, training other support staff, and member relations.
• Takes notes as needed for Regional Manager. Types letters.
• Looks up information as needed in ULTRA and conducts web-based research on request.
• Provides administrative support for projects, such as Dockbuilder appointments, working dues assessments tracking, and contractor delinquency letters.
• Enters information from Profile Sheets.
• Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, the selected candidate will need to have exceptional communication and organizational skills, good judgment and the ability to handle a high volume of data entry and administrative work in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented and have strong customer service skills.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 2 years of multifaceted administrative experience, including heavy data entry, and answering phones.
• Previous experience handling large volumes of paperwork.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and great attention to detail.
• Previous experience handling confidential information/demonstrated discretion.
• Previous experience using Excel, Word, and Outlook, and phones.
• Demonstrated ability to remain organized, prioritize tasks, and work independently.
• Flexibility to start work early or work late as needed.
• Proactive, dynamic, can-do work behaviors.
• Previous experience using Microsoft Access databases.
Interested candidates must submit their resumes by July 10th and 5pm. Resumes should be sent electronically to Dana Brownstein, Human Resources Director at email@example.com.