The Jacob K Javits Convention Center seeks skilled carpenters to support the assembly and moveout of major events occurring at the convention center.
Job Title: Major Events Show Carpenter
Department: Labor Solutions
View Application: NYCCOC Show Carpenter- Major Events
Applicants can submit a resume and application via e-mail to email@example.com no later than December 4, 2022, for consideration. **Major Events Show Carpenters will not be able to shape at the Javits Center.**
NOTE: All applicants must show proof of vaccination for COVID 19 to be considered for the position of Major Events Show Carpenter.
• Skill and experience manufacturing or fabricating onsite booth construction.
• Skill and experience with painting, taping and installing, repairing, or finishing drywall.
• Skill and experience constructing and installing structural supports such as modular interlocking booth systems.
• Skill and experience using hand and power tools such as skill saw, compound miter saw, table saw, jig saw, router, and material lift.
• Skill and experience completing final stages of booth construction with trim carpentry including installation of all finished moldings.
• Skill and experience with installation of floor laying such as tile, wood, carpet and floor coverings.
• Reading blueprints and designs to work to specifications.
• Preparation and installation of all graphics.
• Assist with other projects as needed
Other Skills and Requirements:
• At least five years of experience preferred.
• Communicate with customers to inform, build trust and confidence, resolve issues, and enhance their overall experience.
• Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Excellent service and teamwork skills; shows respect when dealing with customers and team members.
• Strong attention to detail; able to complete work both accurately and efficiently.
• Applies sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills to resolve work issues.
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to quality service and results.
• Results-oriented with proven ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Must be flexible with schedule and able to work extended shifts as business dictates.