Brothers and Sisters,
On Friday, April 10, 2020, the District Council Carpenters and the Board of Directors of the Carpenter Contractor Alliance of Metropolitan New York announced a relief measure that absorbs second quarter dues for all active members in good standing as of April 1, 2020. Those members who have already paid their dues in advance will receive a credit for three (3) months of union dues.
Please be advised that the following criteria will be used to identify members who are eligible for dues relief:
- Must have an active status of GOODSTANDING as of April 1, 2020.
- Must have worked in the private construction industry.
- Civil Service members will not be eligible as they have continued to work throughout the crisis and have not been unemployed.
- Must NOT have a status of Early Retired, Retired, 50Disabled, or Honorary.
- All retired statuses have continued to collect their Pension checks
This measure comes at a great expense to the Council. We are working to provide dues relief to those who are most affected by the COVID-19 crisis. As always, we are here for all our members. If you have any questions about eligibility, please reach out to your local. Stay safe and stand strong.